Yep I am getting MARRIED and I am so EXCITED!
So here is the story:
Friday night Joe called and said that we should go snow
shoeing. So I was taking some sweet time and finally Joe says, "Okay we've got to hurry" which was pretty funny since Joe is one of the most relaxed people that I know. So I laughed and hurry and got all of my stuff in the car.
The Joe says, "Oh where do you want to go snowshoeing, Donut Falls?" Then I said, "Um yeah that sounds great." Then Joe says, "No we are going to Park City." So I thought okay why did you even ask me. So Joe is driving up the canyon at like 90 miles an hour and finally I was just like why are you acting like such a crazy. Since he is not a very good liar/actor he finally just said, "Fine we aren't going snowshoeing we are going up to P
ark City Resort and we have to be there by 6:00" so I closed my eyes and hoped that we didn't die. So we made it just in the knick of time. So we went on this magical sleigh ride up into the mountains and it was super cold and super snowy, but it was beautiful. I love the mountains and I think the snow is so pretty in the mountains, in my opinion that is what makes winter worth it. So we sleigh rode up to a yurt (which is like a dome thing in the mountains) and we had a super fancy 5 course meal. It was a lot of fun and this cute little place and they had a piano player and it was all really nice.
(I thought that something was probably going on but I figured that since I was expecting to get engaged soon Joe would have a fake out night where he would do something really great and then not propose just to be funny, so I wasn't expectin
g anything. I also felt his leg by his pocket to see if he had the ring in there and I couldn't feel anything and he was feeding me full of lies like that the ring unfortunately not going to be ready for another week and how it was a good nice just to not think about the wedding and all the things that we have to do, blah blah blah)
Anyways after the main course Joe asked me if I wanted to
go outside. I said no cause it was a blizzard! But he insisted and said he would grab my coat for me. So we started to walk outside and the people by the door tried to convince us that we shouldn't go out there cause it was too windy and crazy but Joe just kept on going so we went outside. He started telling me how much he loved me and then we got down on one knee and told me a lot of really nice sweet things (I wish I could remember a little bit better what he had said but it is such an exciting moment that my head was just kind of spinning like OH my gosh I am going to get engaged) and then he said will you marry me
?
I wish I would have been prepared for how I would feel at this moment because I was so excited and so happy and it all just kind of felt like a dream to me. So when he asked me I just felt like Yes was too simple of a response and I didn't want to take too long to respond so I just said what came to my mind which was Of course I will, which now seems kind of funny that I just didn't say yes but all is well that ends well because...
WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!
April 23, 2011
And they lived happily ever after!
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!
fun to hear the story again --with the details and I smile every time --I am so happy you found each other
ReplyDeleteyes! you are getting married to joe! i loved reading that explanation because i felt like you were just telling it to me. i can't wait for girl fest and to see the happy newly engaged gal. love you and your happiness!
ReplyDelete